Children aged from 6 weeks to 2 years
Each child has one team member as their primary carer to develop and maintain secure attachments.
The primary carers role is:
- Spending as much time as possible with the individual child (This is particularly important for all children under 3 years of age)
- Being the focus person for daily routine needs such as nappy changes and meal times
- Maintaining communication with the family about the child’s day
- Discovering and extending the child’s interest
- Acting as a resource for other team members when caring for the child